Friday 26 November 2010

Urbane Fox

I saw a bloody great big Fox today, very early in the morning whilst walking to work in the sub-zero temperatures of this latest “cold snap” we're experiencing. It rushed passed me, a light red-brown colour with a large brush, running as though he was as late for work as I was. It surprised me how large this animal seemed; having the dimensions of a medium sized dog. It turned the corner and along the pavement and off in the direction of my close. The morning was a bitterly cold one, a deep frost coating the landscape. I suppose to see a fox out and about in daylight might suggest hardship and a scarcity of food in the wintry weather.

Eat your heart out Country Diary! Try getting as close to nature as that in a National Park. I suppose it's ironic that I start the blog sounding exactly like the Guardian version...

No comments:

Post a Comment